u:print - printing and copying
With the printing service u:print members of the University of Vienna can set up print jobs and use any available u:print printer.
Printing is possible in colour and A3 format.
How do you get your printout?
- You can print from any computer room work station – the print job is available for 72 hours.
- You can print from home with a VPN connection to the University of Vienna. Set up the print job from home, make your way to a u:print printer within the next 72 hours and print your documents.
- You can use the USB slot of a u:print printer with an external medium (e.g. USB stick) – PDF documents and common image formats (e.g. JPEG, GIF, TIFF, PNG) can be printed directly at the printer. Other files have to be converted into PDF format with appropriate software, e.g. PDFCreator. The computer rooms of the ZID offer Adobe Acrobat Professional for the conversion of files to PDF.
Owners of a u:book laptop and staff of the University of Vienna have to install u:print first – our instructions may help you:
Following instructions for u:print are available:
- Einrichten unter Windows
- Einrichten unter Mac OS
- Einrichten unter Linux
- Druckoptionen (Seite einrichten, Qualität und Farbe)
- Ausdrucken via USB
The locations of the u:print printers can be found in the list of computer rooms.
|A4||black and white||1||point|
|A3||black and white||2||points|
- You have to choose between colour or black & white print on your PC when setting up the print job.
- Finished print jobs will stay in the queue for 2 hours.
- You can print numerous print jobs at the same time with u:print. Please pay attention to the number of available points on your copycard.
- Ejecting the copycard means stopping the print jobs at the printer. All print jobs that are in process will be cancelled immediately.
- You can delete print jobs by yourself.
You can find further notes on the u:print service on our u:print FAQ page.